What you can expect from us:
1. Author Bio - Authors can expect a short 2-3 sentence tagline with a brief description of themselves along with a link or two back to their website or contact information.
2. Author Tag - Each author will have a personal link, that when clicked, will take the reader to all posts by that author.
3. Social Media - It is our intent and mission to use all of our resources to promote and support the work of contributing authors through the use of different social media outlets. We are working on incorporating a stream of tweets and posts to the front page, so that we can create an interactive community both on and around the site.
What we are looking for from our guest authors:
1. Your insight - The Backcountry Journal is here for the purpose of helping outdoor writers. If you have suggestions, questions, or insights, please shoot us an email. We want to make The Backcountry Journal as beneficial as possible and will take author suggestions into consideration.
2. Original Content - The Backcountry Journal is seeking original content. When an author’s article is published, we hope that you are excited and will post on your website as well. In order to mutually benefit each other, we ask that instead of posting the entire piece on your own site, thereby destroying the original content idea, that you instead post a teaser with a link directing your readers to our The Backcountry Journal. The goal is that both the author’s personal site and The Backcountry Journal benefit from the posting on The Backcountry Journal.
3. Social Media - We will be promoting your stories and articles to the best of our ability and we would love the reciprocation. Not only do we appreciate the social media aspect, but we feel that the author of a post should be a key figure in fielding and responding to comments made on their article.
At the end of the day, we feel that our end goal is essentially the same and that what is good for the writer is good for The Backcountry Journal and vice-versa. The Backcountry Journal is proud to work with its contributors to create the most positive and productive writing venue possible.